Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly feature hosted by The Broke and the Bookish.
1. Jennifer Crusie: I have loved this lady's books since I was a thirteen. I fell in love with the first book I ever read of hers, Welcome to Temptation, and
2. Stephanie Meyers: Yes, really. Her books are awesome. I said it. Why else would so many people love them? Amiright?? I read the Twilight series years ago and loved it. I read The Host a little more recently and loved it even more. So yes, I would buy her books on the spot.
3. Lauren Oliver: Gosh, I can't express how much I love her writing. Her books make me feel all kinds of gniutrhawknjcgazahaho! I think she's simply amazing and I adore her books. I also got my first (and only, so far) literary tattoo of a quote from one her books. Yes, I love her that much.
4. Ellen Hopkins: Can this woman write some powerful shit or what? Every book of hers has pretty much ripped my heart out. She has taken on so many tough subjects on and written great books about them. She's the best.
5. Stephanie Perkins: Gah, can her books get any cuter? I loved, loved Anna. I own Lola. And I cannot wait for Isla. And I love her hair colors.
6. Gayle Forman: If I Stay is one of those books I think about sometimes, and I still tear up. I cannot wait to read her latest book, but I will soon! Love her writing. She's just awesome.
7. J.K. Rowling: She gave us Harry Potter. Need I say more? I didn't think so.
8. Suzanne Collins: The Hunger Games will probably be one of my favorite books ever. I've read it about a million times (two to be exact) and can't imagine what my life would be like without her books.
9. Tiffanie DeBartolo: She is so freaking awesome. I love both her books to pieces. She was the first author to ever contact me directly and offer me a copy of her book. Not an ARC, or a book for "review" but her book because I mentioned I wanted to read it. She signed it and everything. I love her.
10. Julia Quinn: I love historical romance because of her and I love her, and her books and she is just....gah. Awesome.
Honorable Mentions: J.L. Bryan | Gretchen McNeil | Rachel Ward | Jane Austen | Jeannette Walls | Barry Lyga