September in one word:
September starts off my favorite time of the year. It's my birthday month, as well as my mom's and cousin, and it starts off my favorite season with the holidays close behind. Since September was my birthday month, I did plenty of fun things while celebrating. It was a great month :)
5 Things That Happened in September
1. My boyfriend and I went to Disneyland for my birthday and he got an annual pass! I couldn't believe he did it; I was over the moon. He hadn't been to Disneyland since he was a teen so it was a lot of fun re-introducing him to one of my favorite places in the world. The day was ridiculously hot (over 100°) but it was okay -- some people are worth melting for ☃
2. I re-read one of my favorite romance novels (The Bridgerton's #1 The Duke and I by Julia Quinn) and I was literally heart-eyes emoji the whole time. I read it in no time also, and I really don't know why I steer away from my romance books so much lately. Might pick some up again in the next few weeks.
3. I had a small little get-together for the first (and possibly only time) at my house, but it turned into quite a party. I invited all my groups of friends, and it was kind of awesome to see all my favorite people together at once.
4. I lost 6 lbs! Since I started my fitness journey (my much more serious fitness journey that started in June) I have lost a total of 16 pounds and I am so proud of myself. Normally by now I would have given up but I am so thankful for my boyfriend for keeping me going. I am now only 7 lbs away from reaching my ultimate goal weight!
5. I switched back to iPhone! I wanted to get a new one (the iPhone 6s) but haven't yet so instead I switched over to my brothers iPhone 5. It's been a bit weird, there are a few things that I miss about having an Android phone, BUUUT I finally have a non-broken selfie camera again. I am notoriously known for cracking my phones and within of having a brand new Samsung Galaxy S5, I broke the screen and made a nice crack right down the middle of the front facing camera. So since then I've had awful glares on my selfies and decided no more. So I downgraded a bit but now have a working front facing camera. I will eventually upgrade, but for now I am pretty happy :D
New books on my shelf:
Infinite in Between by Carolyn Mackler
Truest by Jackie Lea Sommers
Against All Odds by by Patricia Vanasse [currently reading]
Cam Girl by Leah Raeder
The Rules by Nancy Holder
Tiny Pretty Things by Sona Charaipotra
We All Looked Up by Tommy Wallach [currently listening]
I have a few goals this month, other than my usual TBR pile. For one, I want to participate for the first time in Dewey's 24 Hour Readathon. I'm not sure if I'll even be able to take a part in this but I already signed up and I am super excited to try it at least once!
I also decided to join in on (a month late but oh well!) Bookish Bingo: Back to School edition hosted by Pretty Deadly Reviews. Basically, you try to fill up the card as much as possible in three months and with each row completed you get entered into the giveaway. I am more excited to participate than anything else and will be posting up an "official sign up" post in the next few days but will also try to keep track on Goodreads.
Other than that (I am setting some high goals this month) I have my usual monthly TBR pile with the books I want to read this Fall! Most of them are creep(ish) in honor of Halloween and Day of the Dead coming up.
The Merciless by Danielle Vega [currently reading]
Possess by Gretchen McNeil
Seriously Wicked by Tina Connolly
Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children by Ransom Riggs
The Name of the Star by Maureen Johnson
Carnival of Souls by Melissa Marr
This is Not a Test by Courtney Summers