May in one word: Busy.
I was overwhelmed with assignments, projects, papers, presentations, study guides, and finals this month. There were several times where I wanted to either break down and cry or scream and drop out of school. It happens. But I was able to push through, got everything done, and did a lot better than I thought. I didn't feel relieved until last week when my final grades were posted and I was 100% sure I'd passed everything. I kept trying to post reviews and read more, but I literally had no time in between school, working, and other adult life stuff.
But now I am back.. (I'm always back.) These past couple days I have spent giving the blog a new look, and coming up with ideas (some old, some new) to bring this little blog of mine back to life. I have lots of plans, lots of books, to read, and hopefully, *fingers crossed* I'll actually commit to doing them. I really want to make this blog something that's active, and that bloggers want to see, but I have plenty of work to do.
Five things that happened in May:
- I finished another semester in school - I sometimes feel that I have, and will be, in school forever but I know that in a couple more years I will be done and it will be worth it.
- I re-visited The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - I didn't get a chance to go back until two weeks ago, again because school stuff was so overwhelming.
- I went to two Dodger games!
- I went back to Disneyland on a Sunday - In 2014 and 2015 I was at Disneyland almost every Sunday, with my friends/social club, but since my boyfriend got his pass, I haven't made those trips because he's blocked off that day. About two weeks ago, though, I asked one of my friends if I could tag along with her and her bf + friends, and got to enjoy another Disney Sunday fun day. I'd missed it and am looking forward to going again during the summer.
- I got a hamster! I woke up one morning and decided I wanted a pet; I was going to get a fish, something easy to care for, but my boyfriend suggested a hamster. And now I have a little female long-haired hamster named Butters. She's adorable and tiny and won't let me pick her up just yet, but I think she's getting used to the idea.
What I read in May:
Before I Fall by Lauren Oliver
I only got through one book this month, for obvious reasons. It saved my life actually because while writing a bunch of papers and working on presentations, I would take short breaks to read it and I got really into it. I'll be writing a review later this month.
Reading Goals for May
As I always do, I have high hopes to read plenty of books this month. I've actually fallen really behind on my Reading Goal on Goodreads, so I want to take advantage of my free time this summer by catching up before school starts again in the Fall.
[one_third padding="0 15px 0 15px"]
Where It Began by Ann Stampler
Harry Potter #3 by JK Rowling[/one_third_last]
Reviews & Other Posts
➳ Read | The Day Before by Lisa Schroeder
➳ Read | Things We Know by Heart by Jessi Kirby
➳ Read | Burial Rites by Hannah Kent
✎ Summer Reads | 2016