I know I stumbled across Goodreads on a lifestyle blog, it was a widget on the side and I clicked and became a part of Goodreads immediately because books are
Fast forward to now (8 years later) and I still love Goodreads. Here are my top ten reasons why:
- It's a social network for books/readers: I have found so many books, so many friends, so many blogs.
- I can share what I've read with people in real life: my book blog life and my real life have never really connected, so I like that little feature that when you finish a book, you can post it on your Facebook wall. I just like people I know in real to know what I'm reading too LOL.
- The Goodreads challenge: I always set a certain number of books and even though I have mostly failed to complete the challenge each year, it's my favorite
- Goodreads groups: They're like virtual book clubs and don't have to be book related.
- Tracking my books with shelves: one of my favorite features is how easily you can add books to several shelves, create new ones, edit old ones, etc. It's a simple system that I've been using for all these years to keep track of what I read.
- Recommendations: Like I said, I have found so many books just by having a Goodreads account, but I also like that it offers recommendations on the side, that whole "Readers also enjoyed" and "Because you read___, a few similar books" because I always find more books to add to my TBR.
- Quotes: one of my favorite things in the world is finding and saving quotes. I used to do this on a WordDoc but now I have Goodreads to keep track of all the ones I love. I always go back to it, add new ones, or use them for something or other.
- I can read other readers reviews, and I do this often.
- Quizzes and polls are fun and they have tons to participate in!
- Goodreads Choice Awards were readers get to vote on books they thought were best for each year.
There are tons of other reasons why I love Goodreads and these are in no particular order, I just wrote them as they came to my mind. If you haven't signed up for Goodreads account, even if you aren't a regular book blogger, I still recommend it for keeping track of your books or finding new books that might interest you.